Thursday, March 24, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza


My boyfriend and I couldn’t agree on one thing for dinner, until I threw out pizza. I knew I had this recipe marked to try, so this was a good opportunity. It wasn’t complicated, and it was pretty delicious! I seasoned the chicken slightly, but I don’t think I needed to. The tangy bbq sauce was a dominate flavor, enough that the chicken didn’t taste bland at all. I would have liked to have more cheese on it, so I think next time I will! I also put bacon bits (my new favorite thing) on it…awesome addition!

Shopping List:
1 Chicken breast half (I used about five or six chicken breast tenders – easier to cut up into chunks)
1 Pre-made pizza crust (Like a bobali)
½ Cup BBQ sauce (or less if you don’t want it really saucy)
1 Cup low fat mozzarella cheese
¼ Cup green onions - chopped

Slice chicken, or cut into chunks, and cook in a skillet with cooking spray. Spread BBQ sauce on pizza crust. Layer cheese first, then chicken, then green onions. My tip is to not put all the cheese on the first layer, and then sprinkle a little more on top to finish it off. Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes, depending on the pizza crust (Mine was a thin crust, so it took 11 minutes).
Makes 8 servings

Nutrition facts
Cal – 130 Fat – 2 Pro – 8 Carb – 18 Fib – 1 Sod – 326

Difficulty – Easy Peasy
Yumminess - * * * * * (Soooo good!)
Healthy-ness – Low fat Pizza! Also, pretty low calories. I had 4 slices last night!

Total Time: about 30 minutes (about 20 minutes to prep, 10 to cook)

No comments:

Post a Comment