Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stuffed Potatoes



I was in the mood for twice baked potatoes, and I found this recipe! The recipe doesn’t call for cheese or bacon (because it’s healthy!) but you can always add those in if you want. These weren’t super easy, but not too difficult either, and they did take a long time. But the result was amazing! I was afraid of the dill weed, because I’ve never had it before, but it gave it a little something extra that I very much enjoyed. And I didn’t feel like I needed a lot of salt either! Definitely would add some cheese on top next time. Overall, super delicious compliment to chicken or steak. Sorry the picture isn’t super great, I almost forgot to take one.

Shopping List:
2 Large baking potatoes (I used russet)
2 Tbs soft tub margarine (I use I can’t believe it’s not butter light)
2 Tbs light sour cream
1/4 Tsp dried dill weed
Up to 4 Tbs nonfat milk (Depending on how creamy you want the stuffing)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Rinse off potatoes and poke all over with a fork. Option 1: wrap in tin foil, place on cookie sheet, and bake in 450 degree oven for about 50-60 minutes (or until tender). Option 2: microwave for about 10 minutes, then bake in 450 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes (or until tender). I, the lazy chef, of course did option 2. Remove from oven and cut in half length wise. Allow to cool before scooping! Carefully scoop out potato insides, leaving about ¼ inch shell, into a mixing bowl. Add margarine, sour cream, and dill weed, and mix till smooth. Add milk to reach desired creaminess, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce oven heat to 350, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Makes 4 servings

Nutrition facts (based on what the cookbook tells me, but may differ slightly depending on butter and sour cream brands)
Cal – 139 Fat – 6 Pro – 3 Carb – 18 Fib – 1 Sod – 118

Difficulty – Some Skill Required (Scooping the potatoes took some talent!)Yumminess - * * * * * (Even without cheese on top, it’s still 5 stars delicious)
Healthy-ness – About half the calories and fat of a normal twice baked potato, so have twice as many!

Total Time: Didn’t keep a close eye, so probably about One Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment